Customer Service Advisor - Income
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Customer Service Advisor
Hindle House, Adderbury
£20,657 per annum (rising to £21,744 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
The exciting opportunity of Customer Service Advisor – Debt Collection will see you working within our Income Services team. Your role will be to deliver high quality income recovery services dealing with our customers who have rental debt. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to help our customers to make full payment or to come to a mutually agreed upon payment plan to settle existing debt. Within Income Recovery, you will work with our customers on a daily basis, negotiating payment plans and dealing with other income relating queries. You should have experience interacting and working with customers who are experiencing financial difficulties. We're looking for someone who is persistent in the face of obstacles and difficult situations. This opportunity is situated right in the heart of our professional call centre environment and involves liaising with a range of internal teams to support the effective delivery of housing services.
The role of Customer Service Advisor will include:
- Deliver high quality and consistent services in relation to Income Recovery, with first contact resolution our main priority to ensure that we achieve customer service excellence. Assist with related enquiries and complaints.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with residents and stakeholders by actively identifying any shortfalls in service delivery, areas for service improvement, and ensure that these are acted upon.
- Meet all legislative and regulatory requirements for housing management activities, ensuring the provision of quality and safe homes for Sanctuary's customers and to minimise potential risk.
- Providing administration of a high quality and consistent early stage income collection service, focusing on income maximisation in line with process and procedures. Offering effective support to residents, signposting where appropriate.
Skills and experiences:
- Working knowledge of call handling in a contact centre environment or similar environment
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal and written
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practice, e.g. Debt collection, GDPR and treating customers fairly, etc.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 23 days paid holiday, rising to 28 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..