Assistant Support Worker - Warren Court
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours) Assistant Support Worker to join our service Warren Court. We are looking for somebody who wants a rewarding and varied role working with adults with learning disability and mental health problems.
Working as part of a team, you will provide appropriate, personalised support to service users who are living in their own homes or in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence.
Previous experience is not essential. However, you will need to demonstrate a genuine care for others, have excellent communication skills and have a positive attitude.
You will also need to:
- Demonstrate a person centred approach and an understanding of confidentiality
- Use your own initiative and carry out practical tasks as and when required
We offer a wide range of training courses and the opportunity for career development so this will be a perfect opportunity for those who are looking to either start a new career or are seeking to progress in the health and social care sector.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Employee Assistance helpline
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £82 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th August 2019
Interview dates: To be confirmed
To apply for this position please complete an application form. Please make sure that you give examples of how you meet the essential requirements of the person specification.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search