Resident Inclusion Officer
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a Resident Inclusion Officer to join our team in Arlington, London.
The Resident Inclusion Officer will ensure a consistent approach working with customers within Arlington improving access to meaningful activities, employment and training. The post holder will also develop peer support and improve customer participation within Arlington.
The post holder will work closely with Arlington support staff and HCS Customer Partnerships Manager to ensure an integrated approach to customer’s access to opportunities both within Arlington and externally.
This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
- Ensure the effective delivery of the resident involvement within Arlington
- Liaise with HCS Customer Partnerships Manager to develop, implement and monitor the impact of the resident activities.
- Provide focus on implementing and monitoring of a menu of options for resident involvement, supporting and building relationships with the residents who are taking part in activities
- Develop resident consultation forums and focus groups chairing or facilitating meetings, coordinating responses and improving customer experience.
- Developing peer groups within the hostel working closely with support team.
- Be the main contact with the social mobility team to ensure increased access to activities including employment and training.
- Lead on delivering resident coffee mornings, trips and activities
- Motivate and involve staff and volunteers in the delivery of all customer related activities.
- Communicate clearly at all levels, being responsive and caring and managing challenging conversations with calm and efficiency.
- Get to know residents, be the champion for your area taking responsibility for ensuring residents feel a part of One Housing and can get involved in a meaningful way.
- Support and build relationships with residents to meet their diverse needs and aspirations resulting in high levels of involvement, empowerment and satisfacti
- Help to ensure our visions and values are promoted resulting in meaningful outcomes for residents
Skills & experience
- Have experience of providing and developing high quality, customer focused, value for money services and programmes that involve and empower customers to contribute to and scrutinise services and develop their communities
- Have experience of successfully working with front line operational services in particular in leading and managing resident or customer consultation and focus groups.
- Have a real understanding of how to gather resident’s needs and be keen and skilled at developing a positive rapport with tenants, tenant’s representatives, stakeholders and partners.
- Be educated to a good standard and be highly IT literate and proficient at producing and presenting reports, analysing data and presenting it in a meaningful way for residents.
- Be a confident communicator, handling all types of contact and relationships with ease and being able to remain calm under pressure, inspiring confidence in your ability and demonstrating commitment to excellent partnership working
- Have experience of working in a community, care and support setting.
Benefits and next steps
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £22,550 (circa)
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.