Assistant Accountant - Temporary position for up to 12 months
£32,280 per annum
Temporary position for up to 12 months
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role sits within the Capital Accounting team which accounts and reports on assets in excess of £5 billion. Experience of working in a large organisation with complex accounting and reporting requirements is required. The role presents the opportunity to work with other areas of the Group and drive process and reporting improvements.
The role of Assistant Accountant will include:
- Coordinating business information and offering advice to customers and stakeholders to enable effective decision making, business planning and financial management
- Reviewing reconciliations, assisting senior management with queries and analysing variances to budget
- Managing then maintenance and accuracy of financial records to ensure regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Supporting the recruitment, performance management and development of members of staff to ensure we meet individual needs and business objectives
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring issues and shortfalls are addressed and remedied in a timely manner
- Helping with process improvement and information review in advance of year end/the audit period.
Skills and experiences:
- A full or part qualification in Accounting with reporting experience is essential
- Some experience of balance sheet reconciliations and producing periodic financial reports is essential
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively, in order to meet conflicting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some experience of interrogating/analysing data, identifying errors and correcting these
- Intermediate working of SAP, Excel, Word and Outlook would be beneficial
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 21 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.