Who are we?
Salix Homes is a multi-award winning not for profit social housing provider based in Salford, Greater Manchester. The success of our vision of “Helping our communities live, grow and thrive together” is underpinned by effective and engaged colleagues. We want our colleagues to “Be Salix” by living and breathing the culture, values and vision of our organisation.
Our Neighbourhood Team
As a Neighbourhood Team our main purpose is to support the development of sustainable communities to live, grow, thrive, together through the delivery of high quality customer and neighbourhood focused services in respect of tenancy and estate management, community engagement and health and wellbeing.
We are looking for a professional with excellent knowledge and experience within the housing sector. The role requires a Neighbourhood Officer who:
- Will provide a highly visible community-based neighbourhood service
- Is confident in engaging with customers on a day to day basis, gaining a deep understanding of community needs and priorities and developing outcome focused action plans that meet their aspirations.
- Can consistently meet re-let targets and has substantial knowledge of void and letting processes
- Is confident in tackling anti-social behaviour and committed to safeguarding customers from its effects.
You will achieve this by managing a geographically defined neighbourhood and by taking ownership and responsibility for ensuring the area is an attractive, desirable place to live, making a significant contribution to our corporate objective to have ‘healthy communities where people aspire to live, work, invest and belong’.
Are you the right person for the job?
We are looking for candidates who is:
- Extensive knowledge of Neighbourhood Management including lettings, ASB and tenancy management
- Excellent organisational skills and are committed to improving services
- Performance focused and able to meet challenging targets
- Has experience of working with partners, stakeholders and customers
- Can use their own initiative, work under pressure and manage competing tasks
- Has experience of managing Anti-Social Behaviour and has knowledge of the Crime and Policing Act 2014
- excellent communicator and able to develop effective relationships
What you will get in return…
Salix Homes values our people and some of the benefits of working for us include;
- Annual Salary of up to £29,055
- An essential care user allowance
- Up to 33 day’s holiday + bank holidays
- Flexi Time
- Generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance worth 3 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan
How do I apply?
To be considered for this vacancy please click the Apply button on this page and complete the steps as prompted to add your covering letter and CV.
Salix Homes is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. All employees will be recruited, trained and developed based on their ability and the requirements of the job.
Closing Date: 01/09/2019