Income Recovery Manager
The role and person
We are currently seeking an Income Services Manager to join our team here at Accent. You will lead and inspire colleagues to ensuring that our proactive approach to tenancy sustainment and customer care is fully embedded within our business.
You will be an essential member of our Recovery Team, leading and delivering our income and debt services, providing a fantastic customer experience. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the services and homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
Day to day duties to include:
- To ensure that high levels of performance are achieved and maintained regionally around current tenant/resident income recovery
- To ensure that high levels of service and customer satisfaction are maintained
- To provide a supportive, yet firm approach to service delivery with the aim of minimising arrears whilst assisting our customers to sustain their tenancies
- To lead the income recovery team and to act as regional expert on income recovery providing advice, coaching and training to direct reports and to staff engaged in income recovery across the regional team
- To produce and analyse income recovery performance reports that are used to drive continuous improvement for individuals and for the regional team as a whole
- To implement a case audit framework that ensures performance is maximised and any training or development needs are identified for direct reports and across the regional team
- To ensure that the Income Recovery Team, the wider Housing Team and Customer Services Team deliver a service that complies with Accents policy and procedures
- To establish and maintain strong working relationships, at a management level, with Housing Benefit Departments, DWP, Credit Unions and other related agencies
- To lead on regional Financial Inclusion strategy and delivery
- To lead regionally on delivery and/or sourcing of debt counselling & advice and welfare benefit advice
- To adopt and promote a culture where personal contact and flexible working patterns, including evening working, underpin Accent’s income recovery approach and our Personal, Modern Better philosophy
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.