Greenacre Recruitment are pleased to be working with Waverley Borough Council to identify a Compliance Manager, who will have responsibility for all areas of compliance for the Council’s 5,000 homes.
The overall purpose of the job role is to lead and manage the Compliance Team and associated contractors or consultants to ensure adherence to all Health and Safety legislation including asbestos management, gas safety, water hygiene, electrical testing and fire safety to ensure homes and common areas are kept safe and in good repair.
- Manage the delivery of Health and Safety work including Asbestos Management, Gas Safety and upgrades, Water Hygiene, Electrical Testing, Fire Safety Assessment and associated works and the maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical equipment within the housing stock
- Ensure that the Council’s Fire Risk Assessment and statutory requirements are in date and actioned as appropriate.
- Ensure that the Asbestos policy and procedures meet current regulatory requirements, and all relevant staff are appropriately trained.
- Manage the programme of independent gas and electrical servicing audits
- Manage the procurement of new contracts tendering and award process for the compliance service; in line with the Council’s Contract Procurement Regulations
- Lead on all contract management duties including monitoring budgets against spend, performance management, contract delivery and progression to ensure best value and quality works.
- Monitor contractual terms and conditions for Compliance contracts and projects, working with contractors to resolve issues or escalating to Operations Manager as necessary.
- Efficiently and effectively monitor and manage budgets for the Compliance Service – approximately £2M per annum.
- Lead on service development and improvement initiatives, to provide innovative solutions to improve service and process delivery within Compliance Team
- 3 direct reports, which includes 2 Compliance Officers and a Compliance Administrator
- Evidence of a background in landlord Compliance and/or Health and Safety in one or more of the relevant fields within housing
- Experience in staff management and development
- Experience of planning and control of programmes of works to ensure works completed are of quality and provide value for money
- A technical awareness of compliance areas (including health and safety) knowledge of legislative requirements, regulations and best practice within the sector
- A knowledge of a range of forms of contract including Term Partnering, Joint Contracts Tribunal (Minor Works, Measured Term) and Framework Agreements
- Ideally have an Industry recognised qualification in one or more of the relevant Compliance fields
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Godalming
- Asset management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Godalming
- Facilities management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Godalming
- Technical services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Godalming