Income Services & Performance Manager
Overall purpose of role
- Overall responsibility for income (e.g. service charges, rents, arrears) across the Homes business, ensuring the timely, accurate and compliant collection of rent and service charges.
- Develop a debt recovery strategy to drive down debt and keep levels consistently low.
- Devise a strategy to ensure the business anticipates and mitigates the impact of Welfare Reform changes, particularly Universal Credit.
- Implement a performance monitoring framework delivering a suite of reports to demonstrate overall performance, key trends and highlights across the Homes business. Ensure that all income-related KPIs are met, risks are identified early and mitigating actions put in place.
- Lead on financial inclusion for the Homes business –promoting money management among tenants and enhancing the customer experience.
- Contribute to potential new business by participating in tenders, presentations and prospective client meetings. Promote the reputation of Pinnacle with external stakeholders and influencers.
- Work with the Group Heads to undertake regular business reviews with contract managers.
- Create and promote a culture where all staff in the business deliver outstanding customer experience to clients and residents alike, to underpin the business’ aspiration to be ‘best in class’.
- To lead by example, embedding and promoting Pinnacle’s values and culture.
Principal Job responsibilities
- Lead and motivate income management staff to deliver a customer focused service and maximise income for the organisation.
- Review income functions across all contracts to improve their effectiveness and ensure Pinnacle is at the cutting edge of service delivery
- Oversee the management and delivery of day to day income management to our Clients, in terms of:
Service charge recovery for tenants and leaseholders
Former tenant arrears
Debt and welfare benefit advice
Develop and implement measures to anticipate and mitigate against the impact of welfare reform.
Develop a business wide approach to financial inclusion, which is rooted in the company values and aligned to our social value ambitions.
Assist in ensuring that the organisation is compliant with housing related legislation and regulatory requirements.
Ensure that relevant policies and procedures are fit for purpose, reflective of best practice and compliment the changing statutory and policy landscape
Ensure compliance with all contractual obligations and KPIs
Review data capture methods within contracts to ensure that the business is making effective use of data to drive performance
Work with the Group Head of Housing’s leadership team to devise new ways of working collaboratively for the benefit of the business.
Assist in the development of new business opportunities for the Homes business and wider Group
Actively promote the services of Pinnacle at industry events/forums and through networking with local authorities and other key external influencers.
- Ensure that Pinnacle exceeds contract KPI’s across all indicators and achieves ‘best in class’ performance standards.
- Create a dashboard of key income related indicators to be shared with the Director’s Management Group on a monthly basis.
- Produce high quality client reports on time ensuring that KPIs are verified periodically
- Drive continuous improvements by devising plans, setting targets and developing individual skills and experience within the team.
- Develop strong relationships with all stakeholders, in particular clients, and enhance the company’s reputation within the areas that we work.
- Embed a performance management culture by ensuring SMART objectives are set and regular reviews take place for all staff.
- Work with the mobilisation manager to ensure new contracts are mobilised effectively from a performance management/income perspective.
- Use technology to facilitate collection and reporting, abreast of technology and systems.
Work with the Group Heads to undertake regular business reviews with all contract managers.
Ensure that all staff are alive to the possibility of fraud and that protocols are in place to minimise the risk of fraudulent payments
- Cash collection –rents and service charges.
- Manage the credit controllers, developing a high performing approach to service charge collection.
- Drive down group debt from service charge accounts, working to a challenging target assessment framework.
- Management of financial risk against performance
- Manage the Housing income officers to ensure efficient rents and service charge collection.
- Ensure that leaseholders in the Housing Contracts receive timely service charge bills
- Work with the Housing Contracts to ensure that all financial KPIs are met, risks are identified early and mitigating actions put in place.
- Reporting monthly on all the above.
Health and Safety
- Ensure risk assessments are undertaken and actions are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all relevant Company and Client processes are adhered to.
The following KPIs apply to this position
- Contractual KPIs are met
- Rent collection
- Staff engagement
- Client satisfaction
People: Income recovery team
Internal: Homes Management Team
External: Client relationships
Skills & Experience
- Experience of leading multiple teams in a performance-driven environment
- Experience of client management and partnership working
- Experience of Housing & Property Services
- Understanding of the issues driving resident satisfaction
- Strong communication and networking skills, internally and externally
- Working collaboratively
- Experience of Income Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive approach
- Motivating and leading staff to achieve an excellent result
- Member of CIH/ARLA/IRPM or other related professional body
- Experience of Change Management
If you require any further details about the position, please contact Nimisha Patel at: Nimisha.Patel@pinnaclegroup.co.uk
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Revenues / benefits Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenant services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenancy representative Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)