Housing Development Officer
Do you want to be a housing development officer that will really make a difference? Why not read on and find out more?
The lack of affordable homes is a challenge that faces many local councils around the country. We have decided to invest considerable resources into delivering more homes for our community and this role is an essential part of our commitment to support our plans with real investment.
About the role
EBC Homes Ltd has been established by Elmbridge Borough Council to develop at least 250 homes within the borough over the next 5 years. You will be responsible for delivering the Council’s housing delivery targets through its wholly owned housing company, EBC Homes Ltd. The purpose of this role is to help deliver more homes of all tenures within Elmbridge, to reduce the use of temporary accommodation and other types of short-term housing solutions.
You are a housing development professional, who can work effectively with your colleagues in the wider asset management and property services team, across the council, around Elmbridge and beyond to deliver much needed affordable homes.
- You have experience in development management and committed to delivering quality homes, whether we build new or acquire existing homes.
- You are a self-starter with a willingness to learn and develop in this role, as well as having good communication, team work and MS Office skills.
- You have experience of development appraisal methods, working with architects, planners and other professional advisors to ensure that our schemes are delivered in the most efficient way.
You will be joining a progressive organisation, determined to support its residents in all aspects of their lives. You will find yourself being supported by a dedicated team and committed management group.
We are a learning organisation which means we will support you in both your professional and personal development. We also understand the role we play in the physical and mental wellbeing of our people; we have trained mental health first aiders, we offer lunchtime walks and runs, you can play tennis in the free courts at the Civic Centre in Esher or you can sit by the pond at lunchtime.
We also understand flexible working and we are happy to work with you to ensure you have what you need to succeed.
Check out our careers website for more on what it is to work at Elmbridge, including the benefits such as free car parking and discounts from restaurants and cafés on Esher high street.
If you would like to have a chat about this role, please contact Alex Williams, Head of Asset Management and Property Services Team on 01372 474218.
How to apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications.
Please apply online using the Apply button on this page to be transferred to our careers website.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Sutton
- Asset management Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Sutton
- Facilities management Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Sutton
- Project management Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Sutton
- Sales / Lettings Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Sutton