Head of Asset Management and Compliance
Tower Hamlets Homes is an award-winning ALMO delivering high-quality housing services for residents living in 21,000 homes in East London. Delivering our services for Tower Hamlets Council, we’re more than just a housing management company. Our vision is to create thriving, safe, and sustainable neighbourhoods where residents can be proud of their homes, respect one another and realise their potential.
We’ve won the prestigious Landlord of the Year award and the Inclusion and Diversity Pioneer award at the UK Housing Awards in 2019 and two Engagement Excellence awards in 2018, recognising our modern and forward-looking approach to employee reward and recognition.
The Head of Asset Management and Compliance is key in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a best in class Asset Management and Compliance strategy and investment governance process across THH. Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, the Head of Asset Management and Compliance will lead, develop, and motivate a team of 5 staff across Compliance, Stock Conditioning, Surveying and Business Intelligence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the development and implementation of Asset Management strategy
- Lead Investment Governance process across THH and lead the development of bids
- Ensure all operational, regulatory and legislative responsibilities for assets are achieved, with customers being put first
- Lead, develop, motivate and managed newly assembled teams across Compliance, Stock Conditioning, Surveying and Business Intelligence
- Ensure the H&S of residents via management of gas servicing, electric safety tests, asbestos register, lift servicing, legionella and radon inspections
- Partner with Service Delivery, Asset Management and Tower Hamlets Council and ensure consultation with Leaseholders ensuring Section 20 statutory requirements are met
What you’ll offer us:
- Degree / qualified in a housing discipline, professional membership / NBOSH or equivalent
- Proven experience within Local Government Housing, Housing Association or ALMO
- Significant large-scale Programme exposure across a range of asset management activities
- Experience of leading, inspiring, motivating and managing a multi-disciplined team
- In-depth knowledge on asset management, compliance, repairs and H&S legislation
- Commercially astute – ability to manage complex budgets and partnering arrangements
- Experience of building relationships with Boards, Committees, and other stakeholder groups
What we’ll offer you:
- 30 days’ paid holiday each year, plus eight bank holidays
- A fantastic career-average pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Amazing commercial discounts, including discounts at many gyms, shops and restaurants
- Your voice heard through our staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff
- Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee and fruit, and shower facilities
- Interest-free season ticket loans and many more
- For more information and to download a candidate pack please click the Apply button and then complete the steps to add your covering letter and attach your CV as prompted.
- The CV application deadline is September 8th with 1st stage interviews thereafter
- Final stage interviews at THH will take place from September 23rd
- For an informal discussion, please contact our recruitment partner Matt Davidson at Pro-Recruitment Group on 020 7269 6323 or at THH@pro-recruitment.co.uk
- Please note, all third-party introductions will be forwarded to Pro-Recruitment Group