Support Worker - White Lion Road
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Support Worker (37.5 hours per week) to join our supported living service,White Lion Road, in Amersham. White Lion Road provides supported housing for six people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Each resident has their own self-contained flat with 24 hour support on site. One of the flats is used as an office for staff to support White Lion Road residents and provide a communal meeting place with a dining table and cooking facilities. The aim is to provide personalised one to one support to people living in their own homes to help them meet their full potential.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs,within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve providing assistance with personal care and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. As a Support Worker you will write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centered environment.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognize the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £21,216 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly sickness bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary period
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Monday 2nd September 2019
Interview dates: To be confirmed
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Amersham
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Amersham
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Amersham
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Amersham
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Amersham