Commercial Asset Surveyor
Commercial Asset Surveyor
Covering South West England
£34,387 per annum inclusive of policy allowance (rising to £36,197 per annum inclusive of policy allowance after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Commercial Asset Surveyor sits within the Asset department which is responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s commercial property portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain valuable experience in this exciting and varied role.
The role of Commercial Asset Surveyor will include:
- Delivering quality surveying and capital investment services, carrying out inspections and surveys to assess requirements for capital projects
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with stakeholders
- Working with contractors and other stakeholders to deliver projects in a timely and cost effective manner
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing policies and procedures
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a building or surveying environment
- HNC in Building and Surveying or equivalent level of qualification
- Experience of undertaking stock condition surveys and using stock condition software systems
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Office based to be Paignton or Plymouth dependant on successful candidate’s location
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Role Salary is £32,280 with an additional policy allowance of £2,107 per annum (rising to £34,387 with an additional policy allowance of £2,218 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Closing Date: 4 September 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.