Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer
Chester – covering the North West
£33,250 per annum (rising to £35,000 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
This is a great opportunity for an A.C.S qualified Commercial Gas Engineer to join our expanding Gas team, part of our Internal Maintenance Service, covering the North West region. You will be part of a team who provide an effective Gas Operations service to meet contract and customer needs including gas installation, servicing and commissioning. Although this role will be predominantly based around gas repairs, this will also include engineering duties for servicing and maintenance.
The role of Gas Installer will include:
- Carry out installation, fault fixing, maintenance duties, installation and commissioning of gas central heating systems within commercial properties
- Carry out annual servicing on commercial heating systems
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to diagnose faults and deliver effective solutions to customers
- Respond positively to complaints and breakdowns in service delivery in accordance with contract and service specifications.
- Working within our tenants/customers properties across the region
Skills and experiences:
- It is essential that you are technically competent and will possess Level 3 qualifications or equivalent in Natural Gas together with recent experience of working in a similar position
- An understanding and ability to install different heating systems and controls including S-Plans, Y-Plans etc. with associated wiring
- Knowledge of current gas regulations, together with experience of working to strict deadlines is essential
- Recent experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- Ability to work independently using your own initiative
- An unvented hot water and Part P electrical is desirable
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including: A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary, Criminal records checks are funded by Sanctuary, at least 24 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme, a variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers, tax efficient saving through our Cycle to Work Scheme, and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
To view the job profile, please click here
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Maintenance.Recruitment@sanctuary-housing.co.uk
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Engineering Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Other Housing jobs Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in Chester