At Origin, we are here to provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. We want to grow our 6,500 homes and provide more care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. With a turnover of £56m, we work with our residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
Add Role Summary
Our Property Maintenance team have a vacancy for an Estate Inspector. The purpose of the role will be to undertake Estate Inspections and post inspections of work carried out by our contractors. Contribute to the contract management of our repairs contractors as well as carrying out periodic compliance inspections where required.
This role will be based on our estates for the majority of the week so we are seeking candidates that are happy to work with minimal supervision and focus on getting their job done. This role suits a self-motivated individual. The ideal candidate will have a combination of a great eye for detail and the customer service skills to interact with our residents whilst out on our estates. You will have experience of working in a maintenance environment and be comfortable in assessing the quality of repairs that are carried out on our homes.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Post inspections of repairs across all maintenance functions identifying quality of work and cost accuracy.
- Ensuring that that on site servicing records, inspections and H&S manuals are kept up to date and copies of information are provided to the compliance team.
- Annual visual inspections of all known asbestos.
- Periodic compliance checks including fire alarms, emergency lights, water temperature checking and audit of on-site records from contractors.
- Carrying out regular estate inspections to check quality of work, ensuring H&S items identified and reported are completed and carrying out inspections as identified on the forward maintenance plans.
- Carrying out safety observations of contractors who are working in communal areas.
- Reporting on key activities on estates to the Technical and Contract Management team members that supports the performance management of our contractors.
- Keeping accurate on site and electronic records of estate compliance and Health and Safety incidents.
The Ideal Candidate for the role:
- Ability to work under their own initiative with minimal supervision
- Able to priorities tasks and follow specific procedures
- Has good organisational and communication skill
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word and able to operate a tablet efficiently
- Trade background/building maintenance skills are highly beneficial
- Possess a keen eye for detail
- Own car and full license essential
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets your role profile. To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk. This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: September 19 2019
Interview and assessment date: September 30 or October 4 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Project management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield