Director of Neighbourhoods
With 10,000 homes, CHP is one of the largest housing associations in Essex. It has an ambitious new strategy with a mission to transform lives by helping to solve the housing crisis and putting customers at the heart of its business. As well as providing high quality affordable housing to 20,000 people, CHP also gives customers employment and education opportunities alongside specialist support for vulnerable adults and families. It is already in the top 40 builders of affordable homes in the country and 5th by comparison to size and is on a journey to further growth and transformation.
The Director of Neighbourhoods will be the organisational lead for the operational management, delivery and performance of all aspects of allocations, tenancy and income management to customers in over 10,000 homes across a range of tenure, including our leasehold portfolio and older persons’ accommodation.
Together with the COO, Group Board and as a member of CHP’s Leadership Team, you will drive forward our corporate strategy, ensuring that our customers are offered a fantastic customer experience and that our business is innovative, agile, safe and efficient. You will play a key role in our exciting transformation programme and promote a culture of customer excellence.
Passionate about placing customer experience at the heart of what we do, you will be scanning the horizon to improve the way we do things, whilst working closely with your colleagues across frontline services to deliver a high-quality and seamless customer journey.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to help influence and shape the strategic agenda and deliver operational plans.
- Give strong leadership to the operational teams to ensure our corporate priorities are achieved and to drive exceptional performance.
- Create a vibrant culture in line with CHP’s values and behaviours, and deliver a consistently excellent customer experience at all times.
- Work closely with the Director of Homes and Places to build a holistic approach to customers and their homes, and a joined-up approach between the neighbourhoods and property services teams.
- Work collaboratively to create, promote, and implement our transformation programme aimed at reshaping our services from the ‘outside in’, and increasing organisational effectiveness.
- Work across the business to ensure the voice of the customer is heard and services are consistent and easy to use.
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training/experience – CIH membership.
- Substantial experience at senior management level within housing management, managing large teams and a passion for ensuring excellent customer service.
- Experience of leading a large diverse team through cultural and operational change.
- Committed to improving customer experience and acting on voice of the customer.
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework applicable to CHP and the key risk areas across its business activities.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the policy issues and practical challenges facing housing providers working both in an urban and rural environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the strategies and tools for delivery of sustainable communities.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/72611