Service Charge and Rents Manager
We have an opportunity for a Service Charge and Rents Manager to join our team in London.
This role is responsible for the overall management of the functions and employees of the Service Charge and Rents Team.
This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing Groups values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation, construction and issue of all service charges, including both annual revenue charges and major works charges for properties in the One Housing portfolio management, working with other departments to achieve this.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation and issue of all rents in the One Housing portfolio working as required with other departments to achieve this.
- Responsible for service charge and rent setting.
- Day to day responsibility for managing the Service Charge and Rents Team and its resources (including systems such as BlueBox), allocating work, managing projects and determining priorities. Responsible for the development and effectiveness of the team through regular support, supervision, appraisals, 121s and team meetings. Where required to take action in relation to disciplinary matters, sickness or capability.
- Ensure the Service Charge and Rents Teams provides an excellent customer focused professional management service to residents and clients ensuring all legal landlord/freeholder obligations are met, ensuring all relevant fees, charges, notices and rents are issued in a timely manner and addressing any queries in relation to these as required.
- To advise and implement lease terms, statutory measures and One Housing policies relevant to the management of shared ownership and leasehold properties.
- To provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues and residents on matters relating to rents, service charges and third party landlords.
- To be responsible for undertaking all statutory consultation in relation to service charges.
- To proactively ensure that the databases and mapping used for the calculation of rents and service charges is up to date, accurate and contains all the relevant information.
- Pro-actively contribute to Customer Operations Directorate management team, deputising for the Head of Income.
- Experience in dealing with service charge and rent setting.
- Experience in dealing with variable service charges.
- Experience and knowledge in legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of property management and experience of calculating and issuing property charges, including services and rents.
- Extensive knowledge of leases, tenancies, legislation and case law in relation to service charges and rents.
- Very good IT skills generally and specifically in relation to Excel.
- The ability to build effective links with relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Driven and target orientated.
- Commitment to delivering exemplary and industry leading customer service.
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £43,000-£47,000
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.