About the role
We`re recruiting for a registered manager to join our adapted home providing residential care for eight individuals with learning disabilities some of whom also have physical disabilities, in Manor View, Stevenage.
You will be leading our dedicated staff team to ensure the home and services run smoothly and provide flexible services to meet individuals and the changing needs of the people we support.
Manor View is a residential care home which enables each resident to develop independence and relationships in an environment personalised to each individual. Manor View is a bright, welcoming home which we aim to make as homely as possible, reflecting the preferences and styles of the residents.
Working closely with the staff team, you will:
- Ensure the home runs smoothly, providing flexible services to meet individual and changing needs of the people we support, whilst acting as a role model for staff
- Be highly motivated and experienced in working with people with a wide range of needs
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of CQC standards
- Have excellent management and organisational skills, along with the ability to manage a service budget, whilst supporting and supervising a staff team
- Be a good administrator, able to communicate well with staff and residents, committed to providing residents with choice to ensure the delivery of a person-centred service.
The ability to cover on-call is essential. A full driving licence and use of a car is also required.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Salary of £35,685pa plus bonuses
- Generous annual leave allowance, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Workplace pension scheme
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Employee Assistance scheme to support your health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Commitment to health & wellbeing with the Five ways to Wellbeing
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 6,400 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have a turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 500 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Registered Manager please complete the online application form.
Please find the copy of the Registered Manager job description below.
Closing date: Sunday 29th September 2019
Interviews: Monday 7th October 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.