Portfolio Management Officer
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Portfolio Management Officer to develop and encourage a change enabled business
Peabody has an established Group Programme Management Office (PMO) which is at the heart of planning our diverse, challenging and fast paced change portfolio, working with multiple audiences to provide the Executive with assurance that change is being delivered to meet Group goals and objectives.
This involves a strong focus on:
- providing frameworks, templates and working practices that meet the needs of our change environment, and are easy to use
- understanding the varying needs of the business and ensuring that programme and project expected outcomes are reflective of these aims, and don’t conflict with, or disrupt operational performance
- recommending the sequencing of projects in support of specific strategic or business objectives
- ensuring successful commissioning and closure of all change within the portfolio
- managing the relationships between projects to ensure risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies are fully explored and managed
- ensuring mechanisms are in place for full value to be realised.
Excellent communication skills that generate confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
Knowledge of practical tools and techniques in the areas of programme management, project management, change management and facilitation
Experience of preparing and delivering accurate and high quality written and verbal reports and a proven attention to detail
Highly organized with good prioritisation skills and the ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
Ability to work independently and under pressure, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Ability to build effective relationships well, and at various levels across the business, to support them through times of change.
- A commitment to our Peabody customers
- A good understanding and experience of portfolio management
- An understanding of a range of change methodologies and theoretical frameworks.
- Experience of engaging with cross-functional teams to embed project management principles
Excellent MS Office skills especially MS Projects, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Relevant qualification such as MSP and P3O is an advantage