Development Finance Business Partner
- 35 hours
- £40,000 - £45,000
The role and person
There has never been a better time to join Accent as we look to deliver our ambitious strategic plan.
The Development Finance Business Partner is a key role for the organisation as we look to support the increasing development programme and making our contribution towards tackling the country’s housing crisis. Accent is committed to delivering circa 2,000 new properties over the next 5 years.
The finance team at Accent is more than just numbers. Our team is embedded in the heart of our business, we understand the needs of our customers through working with and supporting our colleagues to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Our vision is to embrace the ambition of the organisation and to make it happen, whilst at the same time ensuring we have strong financial controls, the freedom to challenge and a clear understanding of risk to ensure we maintain our V1 financial viability rating.
As Development Finance Business Partner you will provide a key business partnering link between the corporate finance and the development and growth teams working with colleagues across the organisation and external partners at all levels.
The role is responsible for providing expert financial advice and support to Accents Development and Growth team.
Primary responsibilities of the role include
- Providing a high quality finance business partnering service
- Leading in the preparation and maintenance of cashflows
- Preparation of timely financial management information
- Supporting financial appraisals of new schemes
- Responsible for confirming sufficient financial capacity
- Insuring organisations risk appetite is considered & managed
- Preparation of month end management reports for inclusion in Board reporting format
So if you are conscientious with a mind-set of continuous improvement and a person who:
- Is a Qualified Accountant
- Builds excellent relationships
- Thinks innovately and can articulate ideas effectively
- Is thorough and detailed in approach but able to see the big picture
- Is a great listener and communicator
- Is resilient and flexible
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Enjoys fast-paced environments and embraces change
Then we want to hear from you!
Please note that travel will be occasionally required across other Accent Sites for business meetings.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are Accent?
Accent Group is a successful national housing association owning over 20,000 homes with a turnover of £100m. Our residents’ homes and services are managed from regional offices in Middlesbrough, Burnley, Camberley and Peterborough, with the central office located in Shipley, West Yorkshire.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
Week Commencing Monday 14th October 2019