Director of Operations
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own. Optivo is well underway in creating and setting its 2023 strategy and as part of this has created a new role as Operations Director overseeing their Housing function. This exciting new role will ensure that the Housing function, including our award winning call centre and social impact directorate continues to go from strength to strength. This is a great opportunity to thrive in a newly established role within the Leadership Team! In which you will have the responsibility of contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation, provide strategic advice, leadership and direction for the Operations directorate.
- Empowering an exceptionally talented and experienced team to have a clear direction within an innovative, customer focused culture.
- Efficient delivery of customer centric services, maximising income and social impact through regular reviews of our delivery model increasing use of digitally enabled processes;
- Ensuring services delivered are successfully integrated and developed using customer profiling and data, to enable the organisation to achieve its key purpose to deliver ‘best in class’ customer service;
- Residents’ are at the heart of everything we do, this role will involve co-creating strategies and policies to deliver efficient, effective services they need
- Maintain stakeholder partnerships and engagement ensuring the relationships are maintained and developed to sustain safe neighbourhoods and tenancies, and support our growth ambitions
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the organisational strategy; ensuring excellent customer focus and clarity for all on direction and colleague contribution;
- Agree, monitor and be accountable for directorate performance targets, budgets and work programmes, ensuring team managers align and set objectives that deliver the strategic and directorate plan;
- Develop innovative strategies and policies as appropriate to either respond to emerging issues or challenges, or to improve services, or enhance the customer experience including through the organisation’s digital transformation agenda, or deliver efficiency.
- Ensure that risks within the Directorate’s activities are identified, removed or minimised. Monitor the mitigation strategies, ensuring that future plans are robust, tested and appropriate.
- Promote a culture of customer services, innovation, respect, collaborative working, efficiency and achievement within the Directorate, ensuring the organisation’s values are embedded in all activity.
- A track record of operating at a senior level within a large and complex Housing organisation with demonstrable success and a strong working understanding of delivering core housing functions including neighbourhood and leasehold management and customer services.
- Strong financial acumen, able to effectively manage large budgets and possess in depth knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Ability to lead teams and manage change across departments
- Ability to produce and interpret KPIs, data and management information
- Previous experience of managing a diverse portfolio – both geographically and with residents.
- There may be a requirement to attend meetings and other activities outside of normal working hours.
If you are interested in applying please send your most recent CV to our recruitment partner for this role: Badenoch + Clark at email@example.com
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Homes and Asset Management Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Asset management Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Residential Development & Construction Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive & Senior Director Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)