We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: ASB Officer
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week, Full Time
- To investigate reports of nuisance, domestic abuse harassment or anti-social behaviour made by tenants, residents, leaseholders or members of the public
- To provide support and guidance to housing management on low level ASB issues
- To maintain effective liaisons with external and internal partners and agencies
- BTEC Level 3 - Advanced Award in Community Safety, Crime and Nuisance Management for Practitioners
- A good knowledge of the relevant legislation and of tenancy enforcement
- Sound knowledge of best practice in relation to the management of nuisance and harassment
- Understanding of the responsibility of other agencies (e.g. Police, Local Authority)
- Prior experience of working in a multi-racial setting and with people in a multi-ethnic community
- Experience of working in partnership to generate joined up solutions to problems
- Experience of preparing/presenting anti-social behaviour cases for legal action
- Experience of dealing with cases of nuisance and harassment in a housing management environment including preparation of and progressing legal action.
- Working with a team
- Experience of using mediation as a means of resolving disputes
- Good understanding of equality and diversity
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work productively with other departments and external bodies
- A ‘can do’, proactive approach to problem solving
- Always willing to learn and continue in personal development by attending conferences, seminars, webinars and training
- A full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Communicate effectively and concisely, displaying good interpersonal skills in multiple modes (phone, face-to-face, emails and in writing) using customer friendly language
- Able to develop partnership working with other agencies to generate effective solutions to problems
- Able to organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Able to contribute to the development and review of Policy and Procedure regarding nuisance and harassment
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You can contribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.