Head of Technical - Design Quality and New Homes
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Head of Technical - Design Quality and New Homes
Contract Type: Permanent
Working hours: 36 hours a week, Full time
Salary: £76,488 (Plus car allowance)
This role is a critical component in assisting Optivo in laying the strong foundations needed across design and procurement to ensure that our ambitious Development Strategy is controlled, achievable and successful.
The post is responsible for delivering a strategy that has oversight of new build development, quality and design for a rolling three year programme.
Specifically, the post holder of Head of Technical - Design Quality and New Homes, will lead a team that will:
- Provide leadership and commentary where appropriate on design and technical subjects- internally and externally as a key industry player
- Ensure that schemes we build are of the highest quality and our customers receive the standard of services that creates a “best in sector” culture
- Implement and maintain a business-wide BIM Strategy and digital construction platform
- Deploy effective resource planning and optimum use of resources for quality and satisfaction
- Lead and promote cross functional working within a “project team” environment between Departments across the Group;
- Asset Management
- Contractors and consultants
- Project Managers, Technical Manager and Quality Control Officers
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, ARB or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary design and professional teams in a housing and construction context.
- Proven leadership skills at a senior level
- Proven leader with a demonstrable track record in identifying and deploying innovative thinking across technical disciplines
- Advanced level understanding and proficiency in a variety of procurement models and the Building Regulations.
- Detailed understanding of construction contracts and procurement regulations
- Advanced level knowledge of BIM and its application within a development environment, including familiarity with core government and industry practices.
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management.
- A ‘can –do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and Committee level, and externally.
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with leaders, peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Proven network with a wide range of people and organisations that assist in managing risk, gaining best value from design and construction, keeping Optivo at the forefront of what is happening in the sector.
- Proven track record of developing and deploying digital construction strategies within a development environment preferable
- Able to create strategic relationships and build business
- Excellent project management and programme management skills
- Ability to identify and manage risks, ensuring that responsibility for risks rests with appropriate party
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees.
- Proven ability to collaborate with leaders, work cross-functionally with diverse groups.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Effective, networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You can contribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.