Senior Technical Manager Design & Building - Safety
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Senior Technical Manager Design & Building - Safety
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time, 36 hours a week
Salary: £54,741 (Plus car allowance)
To work with the Head of Technical to create and deliver a plan that enables the team to operate effectively
Manage technical construction aspects of the development programme; identify and manage building performance issues to minimise risks and maximise opportunities.
Work with the Head of Technical Design Quality and New Homes to lead in liaison and collaborative working with Optivo Client teams.
Work with the Aftercare Manager to review and minimise Latent Defect and to ensure satisfactory resolution of latent defect cases and ensure learnings are fed into design and quality of future schemes.
Contribute to the strategic direction for Employers Requirements, Contract and design proposals.
Lead on the review of building contract amendments with particular regard to building safety.
Lead on the review of legislation and regulations pertaining to building safety working with the development and sales director providing them with advice and update.
- Asset Management
- Contractors and consultants
- Project Managers, Technical Manager and Quality Control Officers
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, ARB or equivalent level of knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of the construction technology and sustainability in the built environment including statutory compliance
- Experience in building maintenance and asset management
- A ‘can –do’ attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to communicate to both experts and lay persons and engender good cross department working
- Experience in the procurement and management of consultancy and construction services
- Clear leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop teams and individuals
- Ability to effectively manage multi-functional contracts and work with clients and customers to deliver service improvements
- Good problem solving skills
- Good analytical ability
- Ability to take a strategic view and see the bigger picture
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You can contribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.