IT Support Engineer
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
This is an exciting time for you to join our IT Server Operations team in Sittingbourne. The team provides day to day operational, maintenance of the technology infrastructure systems and software, including backup processes and procedures. You will also have the opportunity to take part in projects for the implementation and upgrades and new systems.
- Experience and technical knowledge of server infrastructure, server hardware, virtualization & enterprise storage & backups.
- Ability to support Microsoft services such as Microsoft SQL, Exchange, IIS, Cloud services.
- Understanding of AV, firewalls & intrusion management.
- Understanding of Citrix provisioning and deployment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to manually handle equipment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Experience and technical knowledge of providing support for server hardware, Including:
- Rack/Blade Servers (HP)
- Virtualisation & Clustering
- Windows server products
- Perform backups and restores
- Ability to support:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Microsoft Terminal Services
- Security management e.g. Firewall, Anti-virus, anti-Spam and intrusion management
- Enterprise SAN & Backup (NetApp, TSM, 3Par)
- Microsoft SQL.
- Microsoft ‘cloud’ services (e.g. Azure, Office 365)
- Microsoft System Center.
- CISCO Switches, Routers & Firewalls and OS
- Network/Firewall (General Architecture)
Applicants must have a full valid driving licence & a willingness to travel between sites. Also, a willingness to participate in out of hours service provision.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.