Work Ready Coach - Temporary position for up to 12 months
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Work Ready Coach
Beck Road, Shiregreen –Covering Rotherham and Mexborough
£13,821 per annum
22.5 hours per week
12 Month Fixed Term Contract position
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Work Ready Coach to join our Neighbourhoods team based in Sheffield covering, Rotherham and Mexborough. You will be part of a small team, primarily working independently, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives of clients on their journey to employment. Through mentoring and coaching you will be supporting residents to remove barriers to education, training or employment. You will work with each participant in the program to develop a personalised support plan to help put them on the path to future success. Full support and training will be given. We are looking for a motivated person who is compassionate and enjoys working with people – if this is you then we want to hear from you.
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of providing one to one support to vulnerable people, to break down the barriers to employment is essential as are excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, allowing you to build strong relationships
- Experience of working with people with disabilities or mental health issues is desirable
- Current or very recent experience of working with statutory/voluntary partners in welfare benefits or employment support environment is essential. Knowledge of those partners within Rotherham and Mexborough is essential.
- The ability to work confidently on own initiative in a high paced environment with a flexible attitude is essential.
- A sound understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook will be required as will the ability to report data and present written communications
- Travel is a requirement of the role, while a car is not essential the ability to travel to meet clients and partners within Rotherham and Mexborough is essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary for this role is £23,021 based on 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.