Residential Service Manager
We have an opportunity for a Residential Service Manager to join our team in London.
Site based day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the effective management of the Christopher Boones Almshouse Lewisham consisting of 90 homes including those specifically designated for those aged over 55
This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
- To provide an excellent customer focused service for the residents of Christopher Boones Almshouse and clients, ensuring that their homes, buildings and estate are well managed and well-maintained; working closely with residents and other agencies to help address environmental and community issues
- To organise, undertake, and provide analysis of resident satisfaction surveys
- To assist with enquiries and to ensure the assignment procedures are followed when a property assigns or upon identifying that a property may assign.
- To assist in the preparation for First Tier Tribunals or mediation, attend hearings and inform and explain the outcome of any hearing to the customer and other departments as necessary.
- To work closely with the Service Charge and Rents team to contribute as necessary to reviews of the estate services and service charges, and to assist with the process of constructing accurate rents and service charges throughout the service charge cycle.
- Conduct as required regular estate inspections and to carry out general post inspections of communal repairs and maintenance.
- To work as required to address incidents of ASB where they involve or affect a shared owner or leaseholder
- To participate in the drawing up of effective liaison arrangements with other external agencies such as the local authorities and voluntary agencies
- To action maintenance requests, raise works orders; arrange and control access for contractors in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring good communication and accurate exchange of information.
- To support all resident involvement activities contributing as required to newsletters, handbooks, surveys, consultations, etc. and to attend, manage and support as required, residents forums and other resident involvement events
- Day to day liaison and cooperation with Merchant Taylors representative on site
Skills & experience
- Previous property management and industry experience is essential
- High level of dedication to customer service
- To have a working knowledge of the legislation (even where complex) relevant to the role including Landlord & Tenant legislation and also relevant regulations and contracts including leases
- Ability to work out of hours and at weekends as required
- Good level of IT skills, literacy and numeracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
- DBS or ability to achieve DBS clearance
- Good negotiation skills
Benefits and next steps
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £23,000-£26,000
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.