Senior EA and Quantity Surveyor
Senior Employer’s Agent/Quantity Surveyor
Ely – covering Cambridge and South East Region
£49,913 per annum (rising to £52,540 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Company car or attractive car allowance
35 hours per week
We are looking to appoint an experienced Employers Agent / Project Manager (ideally from a Quantity Surveying background) with proven experience of undertaking a similar role delivering large scale capital development projects within a commercially focused housing and development business. We will look to you to effectively contract manage all capital projects, ensuring the needs of the Group’s customers and wider community are met.
This role sits within the Development Consultancy part of the Development department which is responsible for the delivery and development of the Group’s affordable housing, grant funded, development and regeneration and projects across the UK.
The role of Senior Employer’s Agent/Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Delivering a full range of Employers Agent and Quantity Surveying services, including acting as the contract administrator
- Utilising your strong project management skills to ensure capital investment returns and income are maximised on all projects for sale, and that projects are consistently delivered on time and within budget
- Managing the risk and finance in relation to development opportunities and projects to meet with required legislation, best practice and financial performance
- Managing all supply chain consultancy and contractor appointments and/or contracts to ensure compliance with the contract and legislation to ensure a high quality supply chain performance
Skills and experiences:
- A member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, you will have sound working knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- With a consultancy environment background you will have experience of working on large scale residential projects gained in the commercial new build or social/affordable housing sector
- Proven experience of supply chain procurement and framework management allowing you to manage risk and finance in relation to development opportunities
- Effective communication and partnering skills are essential for success, as you will need to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders and contractors,
- Experience of using JCT contracts with a particular focus on JCT Design and Build contracts
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 24 September 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Administration Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Development / regeneration Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Other Housing jobs Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent in Ely