Cambridge (home based)
Circa £33,000 pa plus car allowance of £2,000
Permanent, full time
37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
bpha is a Housing Association located in the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, which is committed to providing its customers with high quality, value for money services whilst continuing to develop energy efficient, sustainable and affordable housing.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join our Building Services team. The role will cover Cambridge and the surrounding area.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering a comprehensive, good quality responsive repairs and maintenance service to our customers.
- A full range of technical duties including surveying, specifying and managing repair works.
- Working with our contractors to ensure repairs are carried out quickly and to a high standard while achieving value for money.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Good working knowledge of building construction / trades.
- A minimum qualification of Btec / NVQ or equivalent in a relevant trade/occupation.
- A drive to deliver exceptional customer service.
- The ability to work alone as this post requires you to work from home or on your patch for much of the working week.
Due to the nature of the role, you must live within proximity of Cambridge and hold a full UK driving license.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- Circa £33,000 pa plus car allowance of £2,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a basic DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Closing date: 24 September 2019
Interviews will be held on 3 October 2019
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.