Contracts Manager (Reactive Repairs)
Shape your future career with Reading Borough Council. Professionally speaking, we have great training and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and your career. You can also look forward to an open plan, modern working environment, as well as an ambitious team of colleagues who work together to make a positive difference for our clients and communities. Personally too, you’ll find a great future in Reading. Here’s the smart living choice that combines many of the benefits of the big city experience with an outstanding quality of life.
About the role
The Reactive Repairs Team is looking for a Contract Manager, to work as part of a busy team to assist our Repairs and Operations Manager in delivering a full reactive repairs service to our housing stock, with an aspiration to deliver upper quartile performance.
You will have responsibility for the management of our various trade teams, predominately carpentry, electrical, general building repairs, roofing and plastering teams. This will involve managing their productivity pay scheme, the allocation of their work and carrying out site post inspections to ensure standards are met.
This is an exceptional opportunity; as such we are looking for people who:
- Have excellent communication skills in sometimes difficult circumstances, both face-to-face and over the phone, with both customers and colleagues.
- Remain focused in delivering a high-quality service (measured through a range of KPIS).
- Can demonstrate a commercial understanding and who have strong team management skills and the ability to manage poor performance.
- Have a trade qualification in plumbing, carpentry, electrical or significant trade experience (this is required).
We manage the service using IT systems and handheld technology in the field so experience and knowledge of working with similar systems will be beneficial in this role.
Social housing experience would be advantageous as would a professional technical qualification (e.g. CIH, CIOB, as would knowledge of CDM 2015).
There may be opportunities for professional training in the future.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition are strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service).
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- Discounted Child Care (onsite nursery).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loans.
- A range of local discounts.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2757 quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Closing date: 23 September 2019.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Facilities management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Reading