Riverside are looking to recruit a new team of brilliant and results driven legal professionals to proactively support Riverside’s varied and interesting legal work. We have an excellent opportunity for a Property Transactions/Conveyancer to work alongside the qualified Solicitor in that practice area. This is a permanent role, working full time at our head office in Speke, Liverpool. You will be entitled to a 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance.
Interviews will commence on 22nd and 23rd October 2019.
What will you do?
You will provide a responsive and high quality in-house conveyancing and property advisory service to the business. Working closely with the Property solicitor and other property-related legal professionals within the team to ensure that all property matters are well managed and dealt with in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whether in house or by the panel. You will be an effective business partner to those areas of the Group who need conveyancing and property transaction services.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Property Transactions/Conveyancer:
• To provide high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice on conveyancing, property transactions and Land Registry queries.
•.To be the “go to” person on all conveyancing, land ownership and property transaction matters
• To be an excellent ambassador for the team and support the business positively and constructively in achieving its ambitions
Role in the team
•. To support to the team of property-related legal professionals to ensure a high quality, joined up service
•. To help develop good quality management information to demonstrate the impact of the property-related legal professionals
Learning and development
• To provide or procure training on transactions/conveyancing matters, as required by the business
• To develop knowledge of new areas of law if required, in order to provide an internal point of expertise
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are an expert in conveyancing, land ownership and property transactions and you have previously worked within a complex organisation, ideally in or for the charitable or public sector. Essentially, you have brilliant people skills and can demonstrate having successfully and proactively managed a large caseload of conveyancing files.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 3% and employer rate 5%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• Group Life cover employee-funded benefit (3x annual salary in the event of a death in service)
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Property Transactions/Conveyancer, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.