Assistant Director - Care and support
At Origin, we are here to provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. We want to grow our 6,500 homes and provide more care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. With a turnover of £56m, we work with our residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The role of Care and support Assistant Director will take the lead on the the provision of all care and support services to Origin customers, maintaining a high quality of existing services as well as generating new care and support business .
The Key Responsibilities:
- Lead corporately on safeguarding and child protection for Origin and ensure policies, staff and contractor training is meeting requirements
- Seek out and lead on opportunities to grow care and support services.
- Lead negotiations with commissioners on the pricing, design and contract conditions for new and existing services.
- Ensure effective management of services delivered by other providers on our behalf
- Ensure income generation is maximised through effective collection of charges, letting of property and contract conditions agreed.
- Act as lead officer with CQC.
- Although base in euston this role will require regular travel required across Hertfordshire, and Stevenage. This would therefore be more suited to those who have a full licence and their own car.
The Ideal Candidate for the role:
- Will have existing experience of working within care or support services
- Can demonstrate their team management
- Business development
- Track record of improving and sustaining service quality
- Motivational and encourages their team to take the lead
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets your role profile.
To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk.
This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date.
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Interview and assessment date: 7 or 8 October 2019