Riverside are looking to recruit a new team of brilliant and results driven legal professionals to proactively support Riverside’s varied and interesting legal work. We have an excellent opportunity for a highly experienced, pragmatic and solutions focussed Development Solicitor working full-time, on a permanent basis at our head office in Speke, Liverpool. You will be entitled to a 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance.
Interviews will commence on 18th October 2019.
What will you do?
You will provide or procure high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice to the business in relation to a wide variety of development law matters. You will ensure that all development law matters are well managed and dealt with in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whether in-house or by the panel. Working closely with the commercial and property lawyers in the legal team to ensure excellent delivery of holistic development-related legal advice.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Development Solicitor:
• To be the “go to” person on all development law matters.
• To be an excellent ambassador for the team and support the business positively and constructively in achieving its ambitions.
• To provide, procure and manage high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice on a wide variety of non-contentious and contentious development matters.
Role in the team
• To assist the Director in all matters.
• To develop good quality management information to demonstrate the impact of the legal team
Learning and development
• To provide or procure training on development matters, as required by the business.
• To develop knowledge of new areas of law if required, in order to provide an internal point of expertise
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are an expert in a wide range of non-contentious and contentious development law matters and have strong awareness of commercial and property law issues as they affect development. Essentially, you have previously worked within a complex organisation, ideally in or for the charitable or public sector and ideally in a similar role at a similar level of seniority. You have the technical legal ability to do the work and to manage the work (if outsourced) and have brilliant people skills to lead and manage a team of legal professionals.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 3% and employer rate 5%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• Group Life cover employee-funded benefit (3x annual salary in the event of a death in service)
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Development Solicitor, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.