Riverside are looking to recruit a new team of brilliant and results driven legal professionals to proactively support Riverside’s varied and interesting legal work. We have an excellent opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal/ Legal Executive to work alongside the qualified Solicitor in that practice area. This is a permanent role, working full time at our head office in Speke, Liverpool. You will be entitled to a 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance.
Interviews will commence on 22nd and 23rd October 2019.
What will you do?
You will work closely with the Litigation solicitor to support the provision of high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice to the business in relation to its housing disputes and litigation, principally disrepair claims.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Litigation Paralegal/Legal Executive:
• To provide high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice on dispute and litigation matters.
Role in the team
• To be an excellent ambassador for the team and support the business positively and constructively in achieving its ambitions.
• To support the improvement of systems and processes within the business so as to avoid and better manage disputes and litigation.
Learning and development
• To support the provision or procurement of training on dispute and litigation matters, as required by the business
• To develop knowledge of new areas of law if required, in order to provide an internal point of expertise
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You have experience in dealing with a wide range of housing management, dispute, contentious Landlord and Tenant and disrepair matters, either on the Claimant or Defence side. Essentially, you have strong technical experience in disrepair and other housing disputes and claims and you have previously worked within a complex organisation, ideally in or for the charitable or public sector.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 3% and employer rate 5%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• Group Life cover employee-funded benefit (3x annual salary in the event of a death in service)
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Litigation Paralegal/ Legal Executive, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.