Riverside are looking to recruit a new team of brilliant and results driven legal professionals to proactively support Riverside’s varied and interesting legal work. We have an excellent opportunity for a Litigation Solicitor who is well versed in housing management issues. This is a permanent role, working full time at our head office in Speke, Liverpool. You will be entitled to a 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance.
Interviews will commence on 18th October 2019.
What will you do?
You will provide or procure high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice to the business in relation to its housing disputed and litigation. You will ensure that all disputes and litigation are well managed and dealt with in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whether in-house or by the panel. You will be an effective business partner to all colleagues in Riverside who require advice in relation to disputes and litigation.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Litigation Solicitor:
• To be the “go to” person on all legal housing disputes and litigation.
• To be an excellent ambassador for the team and support the business positively and constructively in achieving its ambitions.
• To provide, procure and manage high quality, well-judged and informed legal advice on dispute and litigation matters.
Role in the team
• To assist the Director in all matters.
• To proactively manage and support the litigation professionals, setting improvement targets, reviewing work and outputs.
Learning and development
• To provide or procure training on dispute and litigation matters.
• To develop knowledge of new areas of law if required, in order to provide an internal point of expertise
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are an expert in a wide range of housing management, dispute, contentious Landlord and Tenant and disrepair matters. Essentially, you have previously worked within a complex organisation, ideally in or for the charitable or public sector and ideally in a similar role at a similar level of seniority. You have practical awareness of the property, regulatory, compliance and charity issues raised by housing disputes and claims and experience of the application of the DPA 2018 and associated issues.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme (employee rate 3% and employer rate 5%) or our enhanced pension scheme (employee rate 6% and employer rate 9%)
• Group Life cover employee-funded benefit (3x annual salary in the event of a death in service)
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Litigation Solicitor, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.