Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Scheme Manager – Homeownership
£20,188 per annum (rising to £21,250 after 12 months service, subject to satisfactory performance)
A two bedroom flat is provided with this role
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
We have a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for a Scheme Manager – Homeownership to work at the centre of our private retirement scheme. Using your flare for customer service and ability to manage conflicting priorities, you’ll play a key role in identifying areas of risk and ensuring these are reported in a timely fashion and are closely monitored.
The Scheme Manager will carry out a varied role including close communication with our customers, coordinating contractor workloads and dealing with difficult situations relating to retirement and leasehold living, and carrying out daily compliance checks We are looking to appoint someone with recent experience within a similar role where exceptional customer service is demonstrated.
The role of Scheme Manager – Homeownership will include:
- Providing administrative support including; producing letter/notices, recording data, raising purchase orders and invoice management
- Confidently communicating with customers, in person and via telephone regarding a range of queries/complaints and offering advice and guidance
- Supporting residents to maintain their well-being and to live independently
- Supervising contractors and works carried out to maximise service delivery
- Undertaking compliance checks, risk assessments and scheme inspections and ensuring faults are reported and monitored
- Ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements for housing services
Skills and experiences:
- Experience within an administrative and customer facing role is essential
- Knowledge of older people’s needs and requirements inline with heath and safety regulations
- Ability to organise/prioritise multiple workloads effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Specialist housing knowledge would be advantageous
- Ability to operate computers, Microsoft packages and applications such as Outlook
- Experience of leasehold management is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Criminal records checks are funded by Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Anti-social behaviour Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Other Housing jobs Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in Ipswich