Legal Services Coordinator (Property & Contracts)
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Legal Services Coordinator (Property & Contracts)
Type of Contract: Permenant
Hours: 36 hours a week, Full Time
To provide the property & contracts team with a variety of clerical and administrative support with duties ranging from routine to moderately complex, to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Educated to GCSE level including English and Maths or equivalent or demonstrable ability to operate at that level (E)
- Basic knowledge of the standard function within which the team operates (e.g. purchasing, accounting, communications, customer service, Facilities etc).
- Able to show that can work within policies and procedures and exercise discretion referring to team leaders as needed to deliver high levels of service and satisfaction. (E)
- Knowledge and/or experience of Leasehold/shared ownership and home owners property sales and transactions as well as statutory or similar sales (D)
- An understanding of the legal aspects of leasehold law and regulations. (D)
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills. (E)
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities. (E)
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure (E)
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written sufficient to explain departmental policy/procedure, refer to a variety of sources, and utilize knowledge of department and organisation. (E)
- Effective IT skills sufficient to word process statistical and general reports, and enter data on spreadsheets. . (E)
- Good influencing and persuading skills (D)
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.