Property Manager ( 12 month FTC)
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Property Manager
Type of Contract: 12 month (Fixed Term Contract)
Hours: 36 hours a week, Full Time
Location: Croydon (travelling will be required)
You will be required to deliver a professional block and tenancy management service within a designated area. You will work collaboratively with the other Property Managers in the delivery of Optivo’s property management service across the entire home ownership department’s stock. You will also be responsible for ensuring that their area’s estimated service charge calculations and reconciled service charge accounts are checked and scrutinised to make sure they are correct in all respects. The post will require travelling to sites.
- Educated to A level standard including passes in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent or ability to operate at that level (E)
- Member of the IRPM or RICS or willingness to achieve membership(D)
- Ability to accurately interpret leases, tenancy agreements & other legal documents (E)
- Leasehold block management experience including managing blocks in mixed tenure environment(E)
- An understanding of the legal aspects of leasehold law and regulations, or the ability to quickly get such an understanding (E)
- Experience or knowledge of Assured Short hold Tenancy management ideally for market or intermediate rented properties (D)
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. (E)
- Effective IT skills (E)
- Experience of using a customer relationship management tool. (D)
- Ability to understand account information and check for accuracy. (E)
- Excellent verbal and numerical reasoning skills. (E)
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities. (E)
- Ability to work to deadlines in a busy working environment(E)
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.