Head of Housing Delivery
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
With a strong and sustainable Housing Revenue Account the post holder will have a central role in shaping the Council’s housing plans and strategies, and leading on the delivery of 500 new truly affordable homes by 2022, preparation and delivery of an on-going pipeline, and a renewed estate renewal programme to ensure our homes and estates remain fit for the future. You will also have responsibility for the Service Delivery Unit which brings together teams across housing strategy and commissioning, performance and systems and resident engagement to ensure the effective delivery of our housing ambitions and priorities.
- develop and implement the Council’s new build and acquisition programme to deliver a range of tenures directly for the council and in partnership with its housing company.
- develop and implement plans and strategies to improve and enhance our estates through enhanced investment, selective demolition, disposal and new build.
- build strong relationships with colleagues in health, social care, education and planning and external agencies and organisations to achieve desired outcomes.
- provide a range of strategic services that support the housing and regeneration service including strategy and commissioning, service improvement and resident engagement.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Possess a degree level qualification and/or significant relevant experience in a senior leadership role in social housing (essential)
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic plans that deliver corporate objectives (essential)
- Experience of implementing and monitoring Performance Management Systems (essential)
- Experience of leading and delivering change within a complex organisation (essential)
- Significant experience of leading outstanding customer focused services (essential)
- Experience of managing complex projects and initiatives (essential)
- Experience of effectively setting and managing budgets and resources (essential)
- Experience of reporting to Board /Committees (essential)
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams (essential)
- Working knowledge of housing law and current housing issues (essential)
- A qualification in a relevant field (desirable)
- Able to manage high workload and conflicting priorities
Able to analyse complex data and deliver information to a range of audiences
- Able to act as an ambassador for the Council
- Able to identify strategic issues and develop future strategic and operational plans
- Able to lead, motivate, develop and inspire teams
- Able to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve positive outcomes
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Policy / Strategy Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Development / regeneration Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Land acquisition Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes