The role holder’s responsibility will be to support the Area Development Manager to source, appraise, scrutinise and contract s106 and package deals. The role holder will manage a pipeline across local authority areas under the direction of the ADM. Activities will include:
- Reporting to the Area Development Manager and working with Finance and Operations team, support the full and successful delivery of s106 and package deals.
- Undertake business development activities in relation to the new business opportunities within the designated area targeting, overseeing the pricing and negotiation of schemes, and executing affordable housing forward funding and direct acquisitions from house builders and developers.
- Prospect opportunities, appraising the schemes jointly with Finance and Operations teams, and then appraising and testing schemes in accordance with the approved investment parameters and the scrutiny processes and reporting to the Area Development Manager. Review and ensure that scheme appraisals are 100% accurate.
- Peer reviewing schemes as required and providing recommendations to manage risks, optimise quality and deliver good value for money.
- Ensure a robust sign-off process is followed in line with agreed governance policies, operating within agreed financial and risk parameters.
- Manage all negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times and ensure that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Sourcing and contracting residential affordable housing investments and/or developments Maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Delivering good returns and effective project management and risk management
- Substantial local knowledge of both the social housing and wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of developing new business relationships
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision making processes
- Development management of affordable housing schemes.
- Commercial and financial management of affordable housing schemes.
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- A commercial development manager that works collaterally with colleagues within and across the business with the capability of being highly effective in a corporate environment
- Ability to build new business ventures and teams to change business models and be “disruptive”
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead on email@example.com