Income and Processing Manager `
Riverside have a new and exciting opportunity for an income and processing manager within our Managed Agents Function. This is a permanent full time role and the salary will be £35,450.
Who you’ll be helping
Established over 90 years ago, we have grown to become a major provider of affordable housing, care and support services in England and Scotland, with almost 56,000 homes in management. Operating at scale across over 160 local authorities, our vision is to transform the lives of the 90,000+ people we house and revitalise the neighbourhoods in which they live.
At Riverside we place customers at the heart of our service delivery. We want to support them to transform their lives, not only by providing safe and comfortable accommodation, but through other initiatives designed to help them reach their potential and make a positive contribution to the local community.
What will you do?
As a trusted member of the leadership team you will manage all Managed Agents income and administrative activities on a national remit. You will maximise income and deliver a fully compliant service with excellent customer service at its core.
Day to day
Your responsibilities as an Income and processing manager will be:
• To lead and develop the Processing Officers to deliver a high quality service offering direction and setting improving targets to manage performance of individuals and the department as a whole.
• Working closely with the Group Income Collection and HSP team to ensure alignment of processes and activities
• Co-ordinate allocate and monitor all transactional income collection, admin and processing activities, resolving queries and acting as the escalation point for any complaints,
• You will carry out financial analysis of the managed agents portfolio identifying improvements and escalating findings to the Operations manager and governance bodies.
• Manage budgets, forecasting and planning financially to deliver the managed agents strategy
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are a commercially aware trusted leader, empathetic, inclusive and resilient. Even better, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have delivered brilliant customer service in a housing environment.
You have an excellent knowledge of multiple IT systems and have strong analytical skills with experience of providing meaningful management information.
Click on the job description linked below to see a full list of our essential requirements.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities
• Competitive Salary
• Opt-in to our auto-enrolment pension scheme or enhanced rate scheme
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to discounted benefits including high street and online savings
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland. we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered and that your voice is truly heard. Being a company focused on people, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a National Portfolio manager we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.