Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire – covering - AL postcodes within a 30 mile radius
£29,096 per annum (rising to £30,627 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Multi-Trade Operative to join our well established responsive maintenance team Welwyn Garden City, covering AL postcodes within a 30 mile radius. You will be working within a small team on a variety of tasks, with a focus to provide true customer service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding and individual effort is recognised.
The role of Multi-Trade Operative will include:
- Carrying out repairs and refurbishment works on occupied and unoccupied properties
- Completing construction, fault fixing and maintenance duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Handling complaints and breakdowns in service to meet customer expectations
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained and stocks are replaced as needed
- Using a Smartphone to manage day to day responsive repairs workload
- Attending Out of Hours emergencies – currently one week in nine
Skills and experiences:
- Previous Multi-Trade experience gained within a construction/building/maintenance background covering at least two trades
- Primary skills in carpentry and plumbing are essential
- Additional skills in tiling, flooring, plastering and fencing are desirable
- Awareness of health and safety and working legislations
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only, in order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 1 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in Welwyn Garden City