Metworks - Plumber - Extended Skills Operative
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
We are looking for an experienced plumber to undertake Plumbing and repairs and maintenance work, to provide high quality, ‘right first time’, cost effective building services to the business and its customers.
- Identify and undertake Plumbing and associated work
- Carry out extended skill activity (trade work not attached to your core skill) as required and within competency
- Liaise with other employees as necessary in order to complete specified works
- Ensure levels of productivity and work within the required timescales / categories or to targets
- Receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to quality
- Notify team leader of any associated access issues
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimizing damage to the fabric of the property
- Embrace the use of information systems and information technology
- Undertake essential reinstatement work as necessary in order to ensure premises are left in a safe secure and weather tight condition.
What you will need to succeed
- Qualification at NVQ 2 or equivalent
- Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Ability to undertake associated trade tasks
- Abrasive Wheel Training
- PASMA Qualification
- Ability to read Construction Drawings
- Experience of working within a Social Housing environment
We offer great benefits, in addition to generous holiday entitlement we provide:
-life assurance with a matched contribution pension scheme
-enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
-salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
-eye care scheme
-plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it`s the ideal job for you, click `apply now` to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call us now on 0203 5353 611.
Interview date: 25th September 2019
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
"We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations."