Joiner - Extended Skills
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
We are looking for experienced joiners to provide high-quality `right first time` and cost-effective building services to our business and our customers.
- Carry out multi-trade activity as required and within competency.
- Liaise with other employees of the Company as necessary in order to complete specified works.
- Ensure levels of productivity and work within the required timescales/categories or to targets.
- Receive, plan and complete job orders on time and to quality.
- Notify team leader of any associated access issues.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct work in accordance with current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work, minimising damage to the fabric of the property.
What you`ll need to succeed
- Qualification at NVQ 2 or equivalent
- Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Holder of Appropriate CSCS Card
- Experience in 1st and 2nd fix carpentry and joinery
- PASMA Qualification
- Ability to read Construction Drawings
- Experience of working within a Local Authority environment
- Requirement to have full UK driving license and the ability to be able to travel
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours.
What you`ll get in return
In return, you will be exposed to the fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing and utilising your skill set.
We offer great benefits, in addition to generous holiday entitlement we provide:
-life assurance with a matched contribution pension scheme
-enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
-salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
-eye care scheme
-plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
What you need to do now
If you`re interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it`s the ideal job for you, click `apply now` to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call us now on 0203 5353 611.
Interview date: TBC
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment,
marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
"We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal
opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations."