Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Assistant (General Ledger) working full-time, fixed term for 6 months. You will earn £20,648 per year.
This role will based at our Speke Head Office, Liverpool and the working pattern will be Monday-Friday.
What will you do?
Carry out financial and administrative duties to support the Customer Services, General Ledger Team including account reconciliation, preparation and inputting of journals and setting up and monitoring of purchasing and credit cards for the Group.
Provide support to the Group Finance teams including quality checking standard financial transactions.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as a Finance Assistant:
• Carry out required financial activity, including complex, none standard and standard account reconciliation, preparation and input of complex, none standard and standard journals, reconciliation of complex, none standard and standard balance sheets and fixed asset registers.
• Provide support to Group Finance, acting as the Processing experts including quality checking standard financial transactions.
• Maintain financial system records including inputting and updating records to ensure the retention of accurate data and contributing to the compilation of year end external audit files.
• Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate, to resolve issues and queries, escalating for line management intervention as required.
• Ensure adherence to financial controls and internal business processes to effectively support Customer Services.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You have excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
You have a sound working knowledge of financial controls and be an advanced used of Excel.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Eligibility for flexi-time working
• Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered by leaders and fairly treated, knowing that your voice is truly heard. Being people-focused, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Finance Assistant, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.