Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Harnham Estate, Salisbury – covering Hampshire, Wiltshire and/or Dorset
£29,596 per annum (rising to £31,154 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday, plus callout rota
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Electrician to join our Internal Maintenance Service team based in Salisbury. We are a very committed and dedicated team, who aim to provide an excellent service to our tenants. You will be working across Hampshire, Wiltshire and/or Dorset, working on a variety of tasks on both void and responsive works. Covering Hampshire, Wiltshire and/or Dorset, you will be working across multiple sites per day. You will be part of a small team working on a variety of tasks on both void and responsive works. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding and individual effort is recognised.
The role of Electrician will include:
- Inspecting and testing of void and occupied properties, ensuring safety and compliance
- Conducting inspections and testing of properties when they become vacant
- Maintaining electrical installation in tenanted properties, ranging from light fitting to partial/full rewires
- Completing all paperwork and producing certification associated with works undertaken
- Monitoring and maintaining good levels of van stock and ensuring tools and equipment are kept in a suitable condition
Skills and experiences:
- Previous checkable experience within a construction, building or maintenance background
- Fully qualified to 17th edition regulations is essential (18th edition would be preferable), holding a City & Guilds qualification 2391/2 or equivalent
- Have the ability to analyse and diagnose problems and implement effective solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills along with a customer focused approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only.
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 2 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.