Senior Compliance Officer
Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Compliance Officer (Fire Safety) working full-time, on a permanent basis. This role will based at our Walton Road office, Liverpool.
What will you do?
Monitor the delivery of the Fire Safety function including the management of relevant contracts, ensuring full compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including the implementation of an effective risk management approach to compliance within the Group.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Senior Compliance Officer (Fire Safety):
• Support the Compliance Manager in the development, implementation and review of the Compliance Management model and Fire Safety policies, procedures and guidance on behalf of the Group, including the provision of Fire Safety training for colleagues, taking into account up to date legislation, amendments to codes of practice, health and safety requirements and industry best practice, proactively adopting new and innovative ideas and solutions to ensure continuous improvement of the service.
• Support the Compliance manager in their role as the Group’s lead advisor for Fire Safety, providing advice and expertise across all services for the lifecycle of buildings including acquisition, design and build, occupation, refurbishment, demolition and disposal, providing technical, procedural, specification and compliance guidance as required.
• Support the Compliance Manager in the scoping, specifying, mobilisation and implementation of all relevant statutory Fire Safety compliance contracts, including assessing the competence of potential suppliers throughout the procurement process and acting as decision maker in terms of successful appointments on behalf of the Group.
• Effectively monitor and report on Fire Safety compliance contracts,, implementing the appropriate performance framework for each contract including service level agreements and key performance indicators, leading performance review meetings and dealing with under-performance including escalation of issues as appropriate.
• Ensure the integrity and quality of data retained in relation to relevant contracts, to ensure compliance with procurement protocols and to enable cyclical and ad hoc analysis to be carried out and relevant reporting as required.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels within the business. Proven track records of managing and delivering effective servicing and maintenance contracts to a large and diverse portfolio of mix tenure properties. You also have in depth knowledge of Fire Safety within Social Housing, including government and industry guidance, British standards, building regulations and the requirements of Fire Safety Order 2005 (RRO). Not forgetting experience of successfully managing budgets in line with agreed financial protocols.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Access to e-learning
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered by leaders and fairly treated, knowing that your voice is truly heard. Being people-focused, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Senior Compliance Officer (Fire Safety), we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Legal Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Surveying Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool