Maintenance Officer - Kettering
Our commercial services team manages 4,000 bed spaces across eleven locations. We work with Universities and NHS Trusts to provide affordable accommodation to students and key workers.
We’re looking for an energetic Estate Maintenance Officer to work alongside our locally based accommodation team. You’ll be responsible for providing high quality repairs and maintenance services in accordance with our service and contractual obligations. Services you’ll provide will cover residential, internal and external communal parts at one our operational sites.
This role is ideal for someone who has a good level of fitness and is able to work with minimum supervision. You’ll regularly interact with our customers so it’s essential you have a positive, solution focused and can do attitude.
Overview of the role:
- Conducting health and safety inspections
- Maintaining an inventory register of assets, tools and materials
- Providing professional repairs and maintenance services
- Complying with Optivo’s vetting and contractor management procedure
- Complying with Optivo’s Safe Operating Procedures and Health & Safety Policies.
Applicants should have:
- Understanding of accommodation management practices (ANUK framework is desirable)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building Maintenance Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations (Construction)
- Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, tiling, painting and decorating skills
- Knowledge of fire, health and safety regulations in a residential setting.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, our benefits include:
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You can contribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
Internal applicants only:
Please apply via the intranet as you will be required to complete a longer application form if you continue. Please check your eligibility to apply.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.