Worcester – covering Oxfordshire/the Midlands
£49,913 per annum (rising to £52,540 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Company car or attractive car allowance
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Sanctuary Homes is looking for an experienced Development Manager to assist in our ambition to develop in the region of 1500 new build homes each year across England. The Development Manager will deliver and support the management of development programmes including the identification of, bidding for and progression of new opportunities for development.
The role of Development Manager will include:
- Implementing strategies, including site acquisition and direct management of key projects
- Securing new development opportunities to support Business Plan objectives
- Ensuring all work is completed within budget and within all compliance and regulatory terms
- Leading and supporting a team in the full development process from feasibility, internal approvals, acquisition, procurement and project management of open market and affordable homes
Skills and experiences:
- Up to date working knowledge of development project management with previous experience in a similar role, undertaking brownfield and greenfield site delivery
- Proven experience of people management and development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport and develop productive and effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent substantive experience
- Experience and knowledge of project management and cost control
- Proficient user of MS Office suite applications essential, and experience with SAP and Development Financial Appraisals / reporting systems is desirable
- Excellent team working skills
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 4 October 2019
Interview Date: 22 and 23 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Other Housing jobs Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent in Worcester