Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Beacon House, Ipswich – covering East Anglia, mainly Suffolk/Norfolk & Essex.
Temporary contract for up to 12 months
£34,178 per annum inclusive of policy allowance - Company car included
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provide in-house repair and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations and external clients. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
The Maintenance Surveyor will join the Repairs and Voids team and will contribute to the overall aim of growing the Group’s portfolio of stock, whilst also providing an exceptional customer experience and value for money services. You will conduct thorough building inspections to assess repairs or requirements, ensuring we remain compliant with relevant legislation and oversee the quality of works undertaken to maintain and grow current business. This is a challenging role that calls for someone with a great team work ethic and proven experience within a similar field.
The role of Maintenance Surveyor will include:
- Carrying out pre and post property inspections, ensuring buildings remain compliant with Health and Safety regulations and relevant legislation
- Managing external contractors to ensure maintenance work is carried out in line with contract specifications and relevant policies and procedures
- Building up of costs from the National Federation Schedule of Rates, managing budgets and approving invoices as appropriate
- Liaising with contractors from the onset of refurbishments and major repairs through to satisfactory completion
- Maintaining accurate records and managing documentation for work specifications and quotations
Skills and experiences:
- A working knowledge of maintenance legislation, ideally with a relevant HND qualification (building surveying)
- Experience in building maintenance or refurbishment works ideally within social housing
- Proven experience of managing budgets and external contractors is essential
- Some experience of building up costs from the National Federation Schedule of Rates is essential
- Proven background of working with others to deliver maintenance related works, including indirect reports and third party supplier.
- Have the ability to analyse and diagnose problems and implement effective solutions
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (or similar)
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Role Salary is £31,793 with an additional policy allowance of £2,385 per annum (rising to £32,324 with an additional policy allowance of £3,652 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Closing Date: 4 October 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Ipswich
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Ipswich
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Ipswich
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Ipswich