Stock Condition Surveyor
This role is about collecting & collating the key stock condition information that will enable us to identify and programme future replacement works to ensure homes are invested in effectively. You will take a lead role for the region in influencing / managing the asset / homes data, which drives investment / divestment decision making.
We are looking for someone who has experience of taking ownership of the planning and prioritisation of stock condition survey programmes based upon a priority driven need. Ability to embrace the tablet technology approach to stock condition survey collection and ensuring all surveys are completed via the tablet are essential.
As a Stock Condition Surveyor – a typical day might include:
- Working closely with the Homes Manager to verify and produce the stock condition programme
- Taking ownership of the planning and prioritisation of the stock condition programme based upon a priority driven need
- Liaising with the contract administration team to ensure our customers are notified of stock condition surveys taking place
- Embracing the tablet technology approach to stock condition surveys and ensuring all surveys are completed via the tablet
- Managing the programme in terms of weekly numbers, failed appointments and programme movement
- Taking full ownership of any health & safety / repair concerns noted – record, act and validate completion
- Adopting the same approach to any HHSRS concerns recorded
- Working with regional colleagues to ensure the condition of each home, block and scheme is reflected accurately within the asset / attribute register
- Self-auditing in terms of validating the information downloaded into the asset / attribute register is true
- Ensuring the asset / attribute register is kept up to date
- Conducting energy performance certificate surveys where required
- Bringing our values to life through your everyday actions and words
- Owning policies and procedures which support the clarity and delivery of stock condition surveying
- Responding to emergency out of hours service enquires, occasionally attending emergency repairs out of hours
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
Please note that we review applications on a continual basis and reserve the right to close the position before the specified closing date.